Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Mountaineering: Freedom of the Hills




I received my copy of "Freedom of the Hills" as a Christmas gift from my first climbing partner. It was my first season rock climbing, and I had aspirations to start leading outdoors as soon as the winter was over.

This is considered as the "Bible" for mountaineering. I've poured through this book cover to cover my first season of climbing. The knowledge it overs served as the foundation for exploring the mountains. Many climbing and mountaineering trips later, I still find myself referring back to this book once in a while, while planning for the next big adventure. 

This books covers all the essentials of traveling in the mountains.
  • Outdoor fundamentals
  • Climbing fundamentals
  • Rock climbing
  • Snow, Ice, and Alpine climbing
  • Emergency prevention and response
  • The mountain environment (mountain geology)

You can buy a copy of this book here: Mountaineering: Freedom of the Hills: 50th Anniversary





No comments:

Post a Comment